Scrabble word: STONE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STONE exist?
Definitions of STONE in dictionaries:
- noun - a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- noun - building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose
- noun - material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- noun - a crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry
- noun - an avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body
- noun - the hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed
- noun - United States jurist who was named chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1941 by Franklin D. Roosevelt (1872-1946)
- noun - United States filmmaker (born in 1946)
- noun - United States feminist and suffragist (1818-1893)
- noun - United States journalist who advocated liberal causes (1907-1989)
- noun - United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as chief justice (1872-1946)
- noun - United States architect (1902-1978)
- noun - a lack of feeling or expression or movement
- verb - kill by throwing stones at
- verb - remove the pits from
- adj - of any of various dull tannish or grey colors
- Concreted earthy or mineral matter; rock.
- Such concreted matter of a particular type.
- A small piece of rock.
- A piece of rock that is used in construction: a coping stone; a paving stone.
- A gravestone or tombstone.
- A grindstone, millstone, or whetstone.
- A milestone or boundary.
- A gem or precious stone.
- Something, such as a hailstone, resembling a stone in shape or hardness.
- The hard covering enclosing the seed in certain fruits, such as the cherry, plum, or peach.
- A mineral concretion in an organ, such as the kidney or gallbladder, or other body part; a calculus.
- A table with a smooth surface on which page forms are composed.
- Relating to or made of stone: a stone wall.
- Made of stoneware or earthenware.
- To hurl or throw stones at, especially to kill with stones.
- To remove the stones or pits from.
- To furnish, fit, pave, or line with stones.
- To rub on or with a stone in order to polish or sharpen.
- To make hard or indifferent.
- adj - to pelt with stones (pieces of concreted earthy or mineral matter) [v STONED, STONING, STONES] : STONABLE
There are 5 letters in STONE: E N O S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STONE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STONE plus a wildcard: STONE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STONE
Images for STONE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.