Scrabble word: STONE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STONE exist?
Definitions of STONE in dictionaries:
- noun - a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- noun - building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose
- noun - material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- noun - a crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry
- noun - an avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body
- noun - the hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed
- noun - United States jurist who was named chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1941 by Franklin D. Roosevelt (1872-1946)
- noun - United States filmmaker (born in 1946)
- noun - United States feminist and suffragist (1818-1893)
- noun - United States journalist who advocated liberal causes (1907-1989)
- noun - United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as chief justice (1872-1946)
- noun - United States architect (1902-1978)
- noun - a lack of feeling or expression or movement
- verb - kill by throwing stones at
- verb - remove the pits from
- adj - of any of various dull tannish or grey colors
- Concreted earthy or mineral matter; rock.
- Such concreted matter of a particular type.
- A small piece of rock.
- A piece of rock that is used in construction: a coping stone; a paving stone.
- A gravestone or tombstone.
- A grindstone, millstone, or whetstone.
- A milestone or boundary.
- A gem or precious stone.
- Something, such as a hailstone, resembling a stone in shape or hardness.
- The hard covering enclosing the seed in certain fruits, such as the cherry, plum, or peach.
- A mineral concretion in an organ, such as the kidney or gallbladder, or other body part; a calculus.
- A table with a smooth surface on which page forms are composed.
- Relating to or made of stone: a stone wall.
- Made of stoneware or earthenware.
- To hurl or throw stones at, especially to kill with stones.
- To remove the stones or pits from.
- To furnish, fit, pave, or line with stones.
- To rub on or with a stone in order to polish or sharpen.
- To make hard or indifferent.
- adj - to pelt with stones (pieces of concreted earthy or mineral matter) [v STONED, STONING, STONES] : STONABLE