Scrabble word: NEST
In which Scrabble dictionary does NEST exist?
Definitions of NEST in dictionaries:
- noun - a structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young
- noun - a kind of gun emplacement
- noun - a cosy or secluded retreat
- noun - a gang of people (criminals or spies or terrorists) assembled in one locality
- noun - furniture pieces made to fit close together
- verb - inhabit a nest, usually after building
- verb - fit together or fit inside
- verb - move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position
- verb - gather nests
- A container or shelter made by a bird out of twigs, grass, or other material to hold its eggs and young.
- A similar structure in which fish, insects, or other animals deposit eggs or keep their young.
- A place in which young are reared; a lair.
- A number of insects, birds, or other animals occupying such a place: a nest of hornets.
- A place affording snug refuge or lodging; a home.
- A place or an environment that fosters rapid growth or development, especially of something undesirable; a hotbed: a nest of criminal activity.
- Those who occupy or frequent such a place or environment.
- A set of objects of graduated size that can be stacked together, each fitting within the one immediately larger: a nest of tables.
- A cluster of similar things.
- A subroutine or set of data contained sequentially within another.
- A group of weapons in a prepared position: a machine-gun nest.
- To build or occupy a nest.
- To create and settle into a warm and secure refuge.
- To hunt for birds’ nests, especially in order to collect the eggs.
- To fit together in a stack.
- To place in or as if in a nest.
- To put snugly together or inside one another: to nest boxes.
- verb - to build a nest (a structure for holding bird eggs)