Scrabble word: TENSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TENSE exist?
Definitions of TENSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a grammatical category of verbs used to express distinctions of time
- verb - become stretched or tense or taut
- verb - increase the tension on
- verb - become tense, nervous, or uneasy
- verb - cause to be tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious
- adj - in or of a state of physical or nervous tension
- adj - pronounced with relatively tense tongue muscles (e.g., the vowel sound in `beat')
- adj - taut or rigid
- Tightly stretched; taut.
- In a state of mental or nervous tension.
- Characterized by nervous tension or suspense.
- Enunciated with taut muscles, as the sound (t).
- Any one of the inflected forms in the conjugation of a verb that indicates the time, such as past, present, or future, as well as the continuance or completion of the action or state.
- A set of tense forms indicating a particular time: the future tense.
- adj - fully stretched, so as not to be slack
- verb - to bring together in intricate confusion