Scrabble word: TO
In which Scrabble dictionary does TO exist?
Definitions of TO in dictionaries:
- In a direction toward so as to reach: went to the city.
- Towards: turned to me.
- Reaching as far as: The ocean water was clear all the way to the bottom.
- To the extent or degree of: loved him to distraction.
- With the resultant condition of: nursed her back to health.
- Toward a given state: helping minority women to economic equality.
- In contact with; against: their faces pressed to the windows.
- In front of: stood face to face.
- Used to indicate appropriation or possession: looked for the top to the jar.
- Concerning; regarding: waiting for an answer to my letter.
- In a particular relationship with: The brook runs parallel to the road.
- As an accompaniment or a complement of: danced to the tune.
- Composing; constituting: two cups to a pint.
- In accord with: job responsibilities suited to her abilities.
- As compared with: a book superior to his others.
- Before: The time is ten to five.
- Up till; until: worked from nine to five.
- For the purpose of: went out to lunch.
- In honor of: a toast to the queen.
- Used before a verb to indicate the infinitive: I’d like to go.
- Used alone when the infinitive is understood: Go if you want to.
- Used to indicate the relationship of a verb with its complement: refer to a dictionary; refer me to a dictionary.
- Used with a reflexive pronoun to indicate exclusivity or separateness: had the plane to ourselves.
- In one direction; toward a person or thing: owls with feathers wrong end to.
- Into a shut or closed position: pushed the door to.
- Into a state of consciousness: The patient came to.
- Into a state of action or attentiveness: sat down for lunch and fell to.
- Into the wind.
- prep - in the direction of