Scrabble word: ROT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ROT exist?
Definitions of ROT in dictionaries:
- noun - a state of decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor
- noun - (biology) the process of decay caused by bacterial or fungal action
- noun - unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements)
- verb - break down
- verb - become physically weaker
- To undergo decomposition, especially organic decomposition; decay.
- To become damaged, weakened, or useless because of decay: The beams had rotted away.
- To disappear or fall by decaying: One could see the blackened areas where the branches had rotted off.
- To languish; decline: “He was thrown into one of Napoleon’s dungeons and left to rot” (Michael Massing).
- To cause to decompose or decay.
- The process of rotting or the condition of being rotten: The rot spread quickly, rendering the bridge unsafe even for pedestrians.
- Foot rot.
- Any of several plant diseases characterized by the breakdown of tissue and caused by various bacteria or fungi.
- Pointless talk; nonsense: She always talks such rot.
- Any disease causing the decay of flesh.