Scrabble word: ROOT
Is ROOT valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of ROOT in dictionaries:
- noun - (botany) the usually underground organ that lacks buds or leaves or nodes
- noun - the place where something begins, where it springs into being
- noun - (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed
- noun - a number that, when multiplied by itself some number of times, equals a given number
- noun - the set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
- noun - someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
- noun - a simple form inferred as the common basis from which related words in several languages can be derived by linguistic processes
- noun - the part of a tooth that is embedded in the jaw and serves as support
- verb - take root and begin to grow
- verb - come into existence, originate
- verb - plant by the roots
- verb - dig with the snout
- verb - become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style
- verb - cause to take roots
- The usually underground portion of a plant that lacks buds, leaves, or nodes and serves as support, draws minerals and water from the surrounding soil, and sometimes stores food.
- Any of various other underground plant parts, especially an underground stem such as a rhizome, corm, or tuber.
- The embedded part of an organ or structure such as a hair, tooth, or nerve, that serves as a base or support.
- A base or support: We snipped the wires at the roots.
- An essential part or element; the basic core: I finally got to the root of the problem.
- A primary source; an origin.
- A progenitor or an ancestor from which a person or family is descended.
- The element that carries the main component of meaning in a word and provides the basis from which a word is derived by adding affixes or inflectional endings or by phonetic change.
- Such an element reconstructed for a protolanguage.
- A number that when multiplied by itself an indicated number of times forms a product equal to a specified number.
- A number that reduces a polynomial equation in one variable to an identity when it is substituted for the variable.
- The note from which a chord is built.
- A triad or other chord that has such a note lowermost.
- To grow roots or a root.
- To become firmly established, settled, or entrenched.
- To come into existence; originate.
- To cause to put out roots and grow.
- To implant by or as if by the roots.
- To furnish a primary source or origin to.
- To remove by or as if by the roots.
- To dig in the earth with or as if with the snout or nose.
- To rummage for something.
- To give audible encouragement or applause to a contestant or team; cheer.
- To lend support to someone or something.
- verb - to put forth a root (an underground portion of a plant)
There are 4 letters in ROOT: O O R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ROOT
Click to search all anagrams of ROOT plus a wildcard: ROOT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ROOT
Images for ROOT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.