Scrabble word: ROUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ROUT exist?
Definitions of ROUT in dictionaries:
- noun - a disorderly crowd of people
- noun - an overwhelming defeat
- verb - cause to flee
- verb - dig with the snout
- verb - make a groove in
- verb - defeat disastrously
- A disorderly retreat or flight following defeat.
- An overwhelming defeat.
- A disorderly crowd of people; a mob.
- People of the lowest class; rabble.
- A public disturbance; a riot.
- A company, as of knights or wolves, that are in movement.
- A fashionable gathering.
- To put to disorderly flight or retreat: “the flock of starlings which Jasper had routed with his gun” (Virginia Woolf).
- To defeat overwhelmingly.
- To dig with the snout; root.
- To poke around; rummage.
- To expose to view as if by digging; uncover.
- To hollow, scoop, or gouge out.
- To drive or force out as if by digging; eject: rout out an informant.
- To dig up with the snout.
- To bellow.
- verb - to defeat overwhelmingly