Scrabble word: COURT
In which Scrabble dictionary does COURT exist?
Definitions of COURT in dictionaries:
- noun - an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business
- noun - a room in which a lawcourt sits
- noun - the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state
- noun - a specially marked horizontal area within which a game is played
- noun - Australian woman tennis player who won many major championships (born in 1947)
- noun - the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince
- noun - a hotel for motorists
- noun - a tribunal that is presided over by a magistrate or by one or more judges who administer justice according to the laws
- noun - the residence of a sovereign or nobleman
- noun - an area wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings
- noun - respectful deference
- verb - make amorous advances towards
- verb - seek someone's favor
- verb - engage in social activities leading to marriage
- An extent of open ground partially or completely enclosed by walls or buildings; a courtyard.
- A short street, especially a wide alley walled by buildings on three sides.
- A large open section of a building, often with a glass roof or skylight.
- A large building, such as a mansion, standing in a courtyard.
- The place of residence of a sovereign or dignitary; a royal mansion or palace.
- The retinue of a sovereign, including the royal family and personal servants, advisers, and ministers.
- A sovereign’s governing body, including the council of ministers and state advisers.
- A formal meeting or reception presided over by a sovereign.
- A person or body of persons whose task is to hear and submit a decision on cases at law.
- The building, hall, or room in which such cases are heard and determined.
- The regular session of a judicial assembly.
- A similar authorized tribunal having military or ecclesiastical jurisdiction.
- An open, level area marked with appropriate lines, upon which a game, such as tennis, handball, or basketball, is played.
- The body of directors of an organization, especially of a corporation.
- Often used to modify another noun: a court jester; court records.
- To attempt to gain; seek: courting wealth and fame.
- To behave so as to invite or incur: courts disaster by taking drugs.
- To try to gain the love or affections of, especially to seek to marry.
- To pursue a courtship; woo.
- To flatter with solicitous overtures in an attempt to obtain something or clear away antagonism.
- To seek someone’s love; woo.
- verb - to seek the affection of
There are 5 letters in COURT: C O R T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to COURT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word COURT plus a wildcard: COURT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word COURT
Images for COURT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.