Scrabble word: PORT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PORT exist?
Definitions of PORT in dictionaries:
- noun - a place (seaport or airport) where people and merchandise can enter or leave a country
- noun - sweet dark-red dessert wine originally from Portugal
- noun - an opening (in a wall or ship or armored vehicle) for firing through
- noun - the left side of a ship or aircraft to someone who is aboard and facing the bow or nose
- noun - (computer science) computer circuit consisting of the hardware and associated circuitry that links one device with another (especially a computer and a hard disk drive or other peripherals)
- verb - put or turn on the left side, of a ship
- verb - bring to port
- verb - land at or reach a port
- verb - turn or go to the port or left side, of a ship
- verb - carry, bear, convey, or bring
- verb - carry or hold with both hands diagonally across the body, especially of weapons
- verb - drink port
- verb - modify (software) for use on a different machine or platform
- adj - located on the left side of a ship or aircraft
- A place on a waterway with facilities for loading and unloading ships.
- A city or town on a waterway with such facilities.
- The waterfront district of a city.
- A place along a coast that gives ships and boats protection from storms and rough water; a harbor.
- A port of entry.
- Computer Science.
- An entrance to or exit for a data network.
- A connection point for a peripheral device.
- Of, relating to, or on the port.
- A porthole.
- A cover for a porthole.
- An opening, as in a cylinder or valve face, for the passage of steam or fluid.
- A hole in an armored vehicle or a fortified structure for viewing or for firing weapons.
- A gateway or portal, as to a town.
- A rich sweet fortified wine.
- The position of a rifle or other weapon when ported.
- The manner in which one carries oneself; bearing.
- verb - to shift to the left side