Scrabble word: SPORT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPORT exist?
Definitions of SPORT in dictionaries:
- noun - an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
- noun - the occupation of athletes who compete for pay
- noun - (Maine colloquial) a temporary summer resident of Maine
- noun - a person known for the way she (or he) behaves when teased or defeated or subjected to trying circumstances
- noun - someone who engages in sports
- noun - (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- noun - verbal wit or mockery (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously)
- verb - wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner
- verb - play boisterously
- An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
- An active pastime; recreation.
- Mockery; jest: He made sport of his own looks.
- An object of mockery, jest, or play: treated our interests as sport.
- A joking mood or attitude: She made the remark in sport.
- One known for the manner of one’s acceptance of rules, especially of a game, or of a difficult situation: a poor sport.
- One who accepts rules or difficult situations well.
- A pleasant companion: was a real sport during the trip.
- A person who lives a jolly, extravagant life.
- A gambler at sporting events.
- An organism that shows a marked change from the normal type or parent stock, typically as a result of mutation.
- See summercater.
- Amorous dalliance; lovemaking.
- To play or frolic.
- To joke or trifle.
- To mutate.
- Of, relating to, or appropriate for sports: sport fishing; sports equipment.
- Designed or appropriate for outdoor or informal wear: a sport shirt.
- adj - to play and run about merrily [v -ICKED, -ICKING, -ICS] : FROLICKY