Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: POST
In which Scrabble dictionary does POST exist?
Definitions of POST in dictionaries:
- noun - the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand
- noun - military installation at which a body of troops is stationed
- noun - a job in an organization
- noun - an upright consisting of a piece of timber or metal fixed firmly in an upright position
- noun - United States aviator who in 1933 made the first solo flight around the world (1899-1935)
- noun - United States female author who wrote a book and a syndicated newspaper column on etiquette (1872-1960)
- noun - United States manufacturer of breakfast cereals and Postum (1854-1914)
- noun - any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered
- noun - a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track)
- noun - the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office
- noun - the delivery and collection of letters and packages
- verb - affix in a public place or for public notice
- verb - publicize with, or as if with, a poster
- verb - assign to a post
- verb - assign to a station
- verb - display, as of records in sports games
- verb - enter on a public list
- verb - transfer (entries) from one account book to another
- verb - ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait
- verb - mark with a stake
- verb - place so as to be noticed
- verb - cause to be directed or transmitted to another place
- verb - mark or expose as infamous
- A long piece of wood or other material set upright into the ground to serve as a marker or support.
- A support for a beam in the framework of a building.
- A terminal of a battery.
- A goal post.
- The starting point at a racetrack.
- An earring attached by a short bar or stud that passes through the ear and fits into a cap in the back.
- To display (an announcement) in a place of public view.
- To cover (a wall, for example) with posters.
- To announce by or as if by posters: post banns.
- To put up signs on (property) warning against trespassing.
- To denounce publicly: post a man as a thief.
- To publish (a name) on a list.
- To gain (points or a point) in a game or contest; score.
- A military base.
- The grounds and buildings of a military base.
- A local organization of military veterans.
- Either of two bugle calls in the British Army, sounded in the evening as a signal to retire to quarters.
- An assigned position or station, as of a guard or sentry.
- A position of employment, especially an appointed public office.
- A place to which someone is assigned for duty.
- A trading post.
- To assign to a specific position or station: post a sentry at the gate.
- To appoint to a naval or military command.
- To put forward; present: post bail.
- A delivery of mail.
- The mail delivered.
- Chiefly British.
- A governmental system for transporting and delivering the mail.
- A post office.
- One of a series of relay stations along a fixed route, furnishing fresh riders and horses for the delivery of mail on horseback.
- A rider on such a mail route; a courier.
- To mail (a letter or package).
- To send by mail in a system of relays on horseback.
- To inform of the latest news: Keep us posted.
- To transfer (an item) to a ledger in bookkeeping.
- To make the necessary entries in (a ledger).
- To enter (a unit of information) on a record or into a section of storage.
- To travel in stages or relays.
- To travel with speed or in haste.
- To bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse’s trotting gait.
- By mail.
- With great speed; rapidly.
- By post horse.
- verb - to affix in a public place
There are 4 letters in POST: O P S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to POST
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word POST plus a wildcard: POST?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word POST
Images for POST
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.