Scrabble word: POSIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does POSIT exist?
Definitions of POSIT in dictionaries:
- noun - (logic) a proposition that is accepted as true in order to provide a basis for logical reasoning
- verb - put (something somewhere) firmly
- verb - put before
- verb - take as a given
- To affirm or assume the existence of; postulate.
- To put forward, as for consideration or study; suggest: “If a book is hard going, it ought to be good.
- To place firmly in position.
- verb - to set in a particular position