Is STOP valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of STOP in various dictionaries:
- noun - the event of something ending
- noun - the act of stopping something
- noun - a brief stay in the course of a journey
- noun - the state of inactivity following an interruption
- noun - a spot where something halts or pauses
- noun - a consonant produced by stopping the flow of air at some point and suddenly releasing it
- noun - a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations
- noun - (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes
- noun - a mechanical device in a camera that controls size of aperture of the lens
- noun - a restraint that checks the motion of something
- noun - an obstruction in a pipe or tube
- verb - come to a halt, stop moving
- verb - put an end to a state or an activity
- verb - stop from happening or developing
- verb - interrupt a trip
- verb - cause to stop
- verb - prevent completion
- verb - hold back, as of a danger or an enemy
- verb - seize on its way
- verb - have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense
- verb - render unsuitable for passage
- verb - stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments
- To close (an opening) by covering, filling in, or plugging up.
- To constrict (an opening or orifice).
- To obstruct or block passage on (a road, for example).
- To prevent the flow or passage of: tried to stop the bleeding.
- To cause to halt, cease, or desist: stopped me and asked directions.
- To desist from; cease: stop running.
- To order a bank to withhold payment of: stopped the check.
- To cause (a motor, for example) to cease operation or function; halt.
- To press down (a string on a stringed instrument) on the fingerboard to produce a desired pitch.
- To close (a hole on a wind instrument) with the finger in sounding a desired pitch.
- To cease moving, progressing, acting, or operating; come to a halt: The clock stopped at some point during the night.
- To put an end to what one is doing; cease: had to stop at an exciting place in the book.
- To interrupt one’s course or journey for a brief visit or stay: stop at the store; stopped at a friend’s for a few nights.
- The act of stopping or the condition of being stopped; cessation.
- A finish; an end.
- A stay or visit, as one taken during a trip.
- A place at which someone or something stops: a regular stop on my paper route; a bus stop.
- A device or means that obstructs, blocks, or plugs up.
- An order given to a bank to withhold payment on a check.
- A part in a machine that stops or regulates movement.
- The effective aperture of a lens, controlled by a diaphragm.
- A mark of punctuation, especially a period.
- The act of stopping a string or hole on an instrument.
- A fret on a stringed instrument.
- A hole on a wind instrument.
- A device such as a key for closing the hole on a wind instrument.
- A tuned set of pipes, as in an organ.
- A knob, key, or pull that regulates such a set of pipes.
- A line used for securing something temporarily: a sail stop.
- The depression between the muzzle and top of the skull of an animal, especially a dog.
- A stopper.
- A projecting stone, often carved, at the end of a molding.
- verb - to discontinue the progress or motion of
There are 4 letters in STOP: O P S T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to STOP
To search all scrabble anagrams of STOP, to go: STOP?
Rearrange the letters in STOP and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of STOP
What's nearby STOP
Lookup in Wiki for STOP
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of STOP, do not miss the additional links under "More about: STOP"