Scrabble word: STOOP
In which Scrabble dictionary does STOOP exist?
Definitions of STOOP in dictionaries:
- noun - an inclination of the top half of the body forward and downward
- noun - basin for holy water
- noun - small porch or set of steps at the front entrance of a house
- verb - bend one's back forward from the waist on down
- verb - debase oneself morally, act in an undignified, unworthy, or dishonorable way
- verb - descend swiftly, as if on prey
- verb - sag, bend, bend over or down
- verb - carry oneself, often habitually, with head, shoulders, and upper back bent forward
- To bend forward and down from the waist or the middle of the back: had to stoop in order to fit into the cave.
- To walk or stand, especially habitually, with the head and upper back bent forward.
- To bend or sag downward.
- To lower or debase oneself.
- To descend from a superior position; condescend.
- To yield; submit.
- To swoop down, as a bird in pursuing its prey.
- To bend (the head or body) forward and down.
- To debase; humble.
- The act of stooping.
- A forward bending of the head and upper back, especially when habitual.
- An act of self-abasement or condescension.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to descend to a level considered inappropriate to one’s dignity”: stooping to contemptible methods to realize their ambitions; won’t condescend to acknowledge his rival’s greeting; didn’t even deign to reply.
- A small porch, platform, or staircase leading to the entrance of a house or building.
- verb - to bend the body forward and down