Scrabble word: TOP
In which Scrabble dictionary does TOP exist?
Definitions of TOP in dictionaries:
- noun - the upper part of anything
- noun - the highest or uppermost side of anything
- noun - the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill)
- noun - the first half of an inning
- noun - the highest level or degree attainable
- noun - the greatest possible intensity
- noun - platform surrounding the head of a lower mast
- noun - a conical child's plaything tapering to a steel point on which it can be made to spin
- noun - covering for a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container)
- noun - a garment (especially for women) that extends from the shoulders to the waist or hips
- noun - a canvas tent to house the audience at a circus performance
- verb - be superior or better than some standard
- verb - pass by, over, or under without making contact
- verb - be at the top of or constitute the top or highest point
- verb - be ahead of others
- verb - provide with a top or finish the top (of a structure)
- verb - reach or ascend the top of
- verb - strike (the top part of a ball in golf, baseball, or pool) giving it a forward spin
- verb - cut the top off
- verb - be the culminating event
- verb - finish up or conclude
- adj - situated at the top or highest position
- The uppermost part, point, surface, or end.
- The crown of the head: from top to toe.
- The part of a plant, such as a rutabaga, that is above the ground.
- Something, such as a lid or cap, that covers or forms an uppermost part.
- The upper half of a two-piece garment, especially a sweater or knit shirt.
- A platform enclosing the head of each mast of a sailing ship, to which the topmast rigging is attached.
- The highest degree, pitch, or point; the peak, acme, or zenith: “It had come at a time when he was not feeling at the top of his form” (Anthony Powell).
- The highest position or rank: at the top of her profession.
- A person in this position.
- The highest card or cards in a suit or hand.
- The best part.
- The earliest part or beginning: She played the piece again, from the top.
- The first half of an inning.
- A stroke that lands above the center of a ball, as in golf or tennis, giving it a forward spin.
- A forward spin on a ball resulting from such a stroke.
- Situated at the top: the top shelf.
- Of the highest degree, quality, or amount: in top form.
- In a position of preeminence: the top historian in her department.
- To form, furnish with, or serve as a top.
- To reach the top of.
- To go over the top of.
- To exceed or surpass.
- To be at the head of: She topped her class.
- To remove the top or uppermost part from; crop: topped the fruit trees.
- To strike the upper part of (a ball), giving it forward spin.
- To make a finish, an end, or a conclusion.
- To fill up (a container), especially when it is almost full to begin with.
- To finish up.
- To put the framework for the top story on (a building).
- To fill up (a ship, for example).
- To cease rising: Interest rates topped out at 16 percent.
- To give up one’s career just as one becomes highly successful.
- At the highest point or peak.
- In a dominant, controlling, or successful position.
- In control of.
- Fully informed about: a senator who is always on top of the issues.
- In addition to; besides: On top of this, several other benefits are being offered.
- In a position of great happiness or success.
- Surpassing a goal or quota.
- Over the breastwork, as an attack in trench warfare: “a whole battalion, onto the beachhead, over the top” (Margaret Atwood).
- A toy having one end tapered to a point, allowing it to be spun, as by suddenly pulling a string wound around it.
- verb - to cut off the top (the highest part, point, or surface) of
There are 3 letters in TOP: O P T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TOP
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TOP plus a wildcard: TOP?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TOP
Images for TOP
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.