Scrabble word: SPIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPIT exist?
Definitions of SPIT in dictionaries:
- noun - a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
- noun - a clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth
- noun - a skewer for holding meat over a fire
- noun - the act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva)
- verb - expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth
- verb - utter with anger or contempt
- verb - rain gently
- verb - drive a skewer through
- Saliva, especially when expectorated; spittle.
- The act of expectorating.
- Something, such as the frothy secretion of spittle bugs, that resembles expectorated saliva.
- A brief, scattered fall of rain or snow.
- The perfect likeness: He’s the spit and image of his father.
- To eject from the mouth: spat out the watermelon seeds.
- To eject as if from the mouth: a fire spitting sparks.
- To emit suddenly and forcefully: spat out an insult.
- To eject matter from the mouth; expectorate.
- To express contempt or animosity by or as if by ejecting matter from the mouth.
- To make a hissing or sputtering noise.
- To rain or snow in light, scattered drops or flakes.
- A slender, pointed rod on which meat is impaled for broiling.
- A narrow point of land extending into a body of water.
- verb - to impale on a spit (a pointed rod on which meat is turned)