Scrabble word: PIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PIT exist?
Definitions of PIT in dictionaries:
- noun - a sizeable hole (usually in the ground)
- noun - a concavity in a surface (especially an anatomical depression)
- noun - the hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed
- noun - (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil
- noun - an enclosure in which animals are made to fight
- noun - (commodity exchange) the part of the floor of a commodity exchange where trading in a particular commodity is carried on
- noun - (auto racing) an area at the side of a racetrack where the race cars are serviced and refueled
- noun - a trap in the form of a concealed hole
- noun - a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate
- noun - lowered area in front of a stage where an orchestra accompanies the performers
- noun - a workplace consisting of a coal mine plus all the buildings and equipment connected with it
- verb - set into opposition or rivalry
- verb - mark with a scar
- verb - remove the pits from
- A natural or artificial hole or cavity in the ground.
- An excavation for the removal of mineral deposits; a mine.
- The shaft of a mine.
- A concealed hole in the ground used as a trap; a pitfall.
- The worst.
- A small indentation in a surface: pits in a windshield.
- A natural hollow or depression in the body or an organ.
- A small indented scar left in the skin by smallpox or other eruptive disease; a pockmark.
- An armpit.
- An enclosed, usually sunken area in which animals, such as dogs or gamecocks, are placed for fighting.
- The section directly in front of and below the stage of a theater, in which the musicians sit.
- The ground floor of a theater behind the stalls.
- The section of an exchange where trading in a specific commodity is carried on.
- The gambling area of a casino.
- A sunken area in a garage floor from which mechanics may work on cars.
- An area beside an auto racecourse where cars may be refueled or serviced during a race.
- The middle areas of the defensive and offensive lines.
- A cavity in the wall of a plant cell where there is no secondary wall, as in fibers, tracheids, and vessels.
- To mark with cavities, depressions, or scars: a surface pitted with craters.
- To set in direct opposition or competition: a war that pitted brother against brother.
- To place, bury, or store in a pit.
- To become marked with pits.
- To retain an impression after being indented.
- To stop at a refueling area during an auto race.
- The single, central kernel or stone of certain fruits, such as a peach or cherry.
- verb - to mark with cavities or depressions
There are 3 letters in PIT: I P T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PIT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PIT plus a wildcard: PIT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PIT
Images for PIT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.