Scrabble word: SIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SIT exist?
Definitions of SIT in dictionaries:
- verb - be seated
- verb - be around, often idly or without specific purpose
- verb - take a seat
- verb - be in session
- verb - assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- verb - sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions
- verb - be located or situated somewhere
- verb - work or act as a baby-sitter
- verb - show to a seat
- verb - serve in a specific professional capacity
- To rest with the torso vertical and the body supported on the buttocks.
- To rest with the hindquarters lowered onto a supporting surface.
- To perch.
- To cover eggs for hatching; brood.
- To be situated or located: a house that sits on a hill.
- See Usage Note at set1.
- To pose for an artist or a photographer.
- To occupy a seat as a member of a body of officials: sit in Congress.
- To be in session.
- To remain inactive or unused: Her expensive skis sat gathering dust.
- To affect one with or as if with a burden; weigh: Official duties sat heavily upon the governor.
- To fit, fall, or drape in a specified manner: The jacket sits perfectly on you.
- To be agreeable to one; please: The idea didn’t sit well with any of us.
- Chiefly British.
- To blow from a particular direction.
- To keep watch or take care of a child.
- To cause to sit; seat: Sit yourself over there.
- To keep one’s seat on (an animal): She sits her horse well.
- To sit on (eggs) for the purpose of hatching.
- To provide seating accommodation for: a theater that sits 1,000 people.
- The act of sitting.
- A period of time spent sitting.
- The way in which an article of clothing, such as a dress or jacket, fits.
- To attend or participate in as a visitor: sat in on the discussion.
- To take part in a sit-in.
- To confer about.
- To postpone action or resolution regarding.
- To rebuke sharply; reprimand.
- To stay until the end of.
- To refrain from taking part in: sit out a dance.
- To rise from lying down to a sitting position.
- To sit with the spine erect.
- To stay up later than the customary bedtime.
- To be in a very favorable position.
- verb - to rest on the buttocks
There are 3 letters in SIT: I S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SIT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SIT plus a wildcard: SIT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SIT
Images for SIT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.