Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: STIR
In which Scrabble dictionary does STIR exist?
Definitions of STIR in dictionaries:
- noun - a prominent or sensational but short-lived news event
- noun - emotional agitation and excitement
- noun - a rapid active commotion
- verb - move an implement through
- verb - move very slightly
- verb - stir feelings in
- verb - stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of
- verb - affect emotionally
- verb - summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
- verb - to begin moving, "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
- verb - mix or add by stirring
- To pass an implement through (a liquid, for example) in circular motions so as to mix or cool the contents: stirred the soup before tasting it.
- To introduce (an ingredient, for example) into a liquid or mixture: stirred a cup of sugar into the cake batter.
- To mix together the ingredients of before cooking or use: stirred up some popover batter; stirred the paint.
- To alter the placement of slightly; disarrange: had not stirred out of line.
- To cause to move briskly or vigorously; bestir.
- To rouse, as from indifference, and prompt to action.
- To provoke deliberately: stirred by trouble.
- To excite strong feelings in.
- To change position slightly: The dog stirred in its sleep.
- To move about actively; bestir oneself.
- To move away from a customary or usual place or position: instructed the guards not to stir from their posts.
- To take place; happen.
- To be capable of being stirred: a mixture that stirs easily.
- To be roused or affected by strong feelings: “His wrath so stirred within him, that he could have struck him dead” (Charles Dickens).
- A stirring, mixing, or poking movement.
- A slight movement.
- A disturbance or commotion.
- An excited reaction; a ferment.
- verb - to pass an implement through in circular motions
There are 4 letters in STIR: I R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STIR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STIR plus a wildcard: STIR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STIR
Images for STIR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.