Scrabble word: STIR
In which Scrabble dictionary does STIR exist?
Definitions of STIR in dictionaries:
- noun - a prominent or sensational but short-lived news event
- noun - emotional agitation and excitement
- noun - a rapid active commotion
- verb - move an implement through
- verb - move very slightly
- verb - stir feelings in
- verb - stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of
- verb - affect emotionally
- verb - summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
- verb - to begin moving, "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
- verb - mix or add by stirring
- To pass an implement through (a liquid, for example) in circular motions so as to mix or cool the contents: stirred the soup before tasting it.
- To introduce (an ingredient, for example) into a liquid or mixture: stirred a cup of sugar into the cake batter.
- To mix together the ingredients of before cooking or use: stirred up some popover batter; stirred the paint.
- To alter the placement of slightly; disarrange: had not stirred out of line.
- To cause to move briskly or vigorously; bestir.
- To rouse, as from indifference, and prompt to action.
- To provoke deliberately: stirred by trouble.
- To excite strong feelings in.
- To change position slightly: The dog stirred in its sleep.
- To move about actively; bestir oneself.
- To move away from a customary or usual place or position: instructed the guards not to stir from their posts.
- To take place; happen.
- To be capable of being stirred: a mixture that stirs easily.
- To be roused or affected by strong feelings: “His wrath so stirred within him, that he could have struck him dead” (Charles Dickens).
- A stirring, mixing, or poking movement.
- A slight movement.
- A disturbance or commotion.
- An excited reaction; a ferment.
- verb - to pass an implement through in circular motions