Scrabble word: FIRST
In which Scrabble dictionary does FIRST exist?
Definitions of FIRST in dictionaries:
- noun - the first or highest in an ordering or series
- noun - the first element in a countable series
- noun - the time at which something is supposed to begin
- noun - the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)
- noun - an honours degree of the highest class
- noun - the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle
- adj - preceding all others in time or space or degree
- adj - indicating the beginning unit in a series
- adj - serving to set in motion
- adj - serving to begin
- adj - ranking above all others
- adj - highest in pitch or chief among parts or voices or instruments or orchestra sections
- adv - before anything else
- adv - the initial time
- adv - before another in time, space, or importance
- adv - prominently forward
- The ordinal number matching the number one in a series.
- The one coming, occurring, or ranking before or above all others.
- The beginning; the outset: from the first; at first.
- The voice or instrument highest in pitch or carrying the principal part.
- The transmission gear or corresponding gear ratio used to produce the range of lowest drive speeds in a motor vehicle.
- The winning position in a contest: finished the season in first.
- First base.
- A first baseman.
- Corresponding in order to the number one.
- Coming before all others in order or location: the first house on your left.
- Occurring or acting before all others in time; earliest: the first day of spring.
- Ranking above all others, as in importance or quality; foremost: was first in the class.
- Being highest in pitch or carrying the principal part: first trumpet.
- Of, relating to, or being the transmission gear or corresponding gear ratio used to produce the range of lowest drive speeds in a motor vehicle.
- Before or above all others in time, order, rank, or importance: arrived first; forgot to light the oven first.
- For the first time.
- Rather; preferably: would die first.
- In the first place; to begin with.
- noun - something that precedes all others
There are 5 letters in FIRST: F I R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FIRST
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FIRST plus a wildcard: FIRST?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FIRST
Images for FIRST
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.