Scrabble word: SIFT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SIFT exist?
Definitions of SIFT in dictionaries:
- verb - move as if through a sieve
- verb - separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements
- verb - check and sort carefully
- verb - distinguish and separate out
- To put (flour, for example) through a sieve or other straining device in order to separate the fine from the coarse particles.
- To distinguish as if separating with a sieve: sifted the candidates for the job.
- To apply by scattering with or as if with a sieve: sift sugar on a dessert.
- To examine and sort carefully: sift the evidence.
- To make use of a sieve.
- To pass through or as if through a sieve: a meal that sifts easily.
- To make a careful examination: sifted through back issues of the magazine.
- verb - to pass through a sieve (a utensil for separating the coarse parts from the fine parts of loose matter)