Scrabble word: STIFF
In which Scrabble dictionary does STIFF exist?
Definitions of STIFF in dictionaries:
- noun - an ordinary man
- noun - the dead body of a human being
- adj - not moving or operating freely
- adj - powerful
- adj - rigidly formal
- adj - having a strong physiological or chemical effect
- adj - marked by firm determination or resolution
- adj - incapable of or resistant to bending
- adj - very drunk
- adv - extremely
- adv - in a stiff manner
- Difficult to bend; rigid.
- Not moving or operating easily or freely; resistant: a stiff hinge.
- Lacking ease or comfort of movement; not limber: a stiff neck.
- Drawn tightly; taut.
- Rigidly formal.
- Lacking ease or grace.
- Not liquid, loose, or fluid; thick: stiff dough.
- Firm, as in purpose; resolute.
- Having a strong, swift, steady force or movement: a stiff current; a stiff breeze.
- Potent or strong: a stiff drink.
- Difficult, laborious, or arduous: a stiff hike; a stiff examination.
- Difficult to comprehend or accept; harsh or severe: a stiff penalty.
- Excessively high: a stiff price.
- Not heeling over much in spite of great wind or the press of the sail.
- In a stiff manner: frozen stiff.
- To a complete extent; totally: bored stiff.
- A corpse.
- A person regarded as constrained, priggish, or overly formal.
- A drunk.
- A person: a lucky stiff; just an ordinary working stiff.
- A hobo; a tramp.
- A person who tips poorly.
- To tip (someone) inadequately or not at all, as for a service rendered: paid the dinner check but stiffed the waiter.
- To cheat (someone) of something owed: My roommate stiffed me out of last month’s rent.
- These adjectives are compared as they describe what is very firm and does not easily bend or give way.
- adj - difficult to bend or stretch
- verb - to cheat someone by not paying
There are 5 letters in STIFF: F F I S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STIFF
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STIFF plus a wildcard: STIFF?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STIFF
Images for STIFF
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.