Scrabble word: FIT
Is FIT valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of FIT in dictionaries:
- noun - a display of bad temper
- noun - a sudden uncontrollable attack
- noun - the manner in which something fits
- noun - a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason)
- verb - be agreeable or acceptable to
- verb - be the right size or shape
- verb - satisfy a condition or restriction
- verb - make fit
- verb - insert or adjust several objects or people
- verb - be compatible, similar or consistent
- verb - conform to some shape or size
- verb - provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
- verb - make correspond or harmonize
- adj - meeting adequate standards for a purpose
- adj - (usually followed by `to' or `for') on the point of or strongly disposed
- adj - physically and mentally sound or healthy
- To be the proper size and shape for: These shoes fit me.
- To cause to be the proper size and shape: The tailor fitted the trousers by shortening them.
- To measure for proper size: She fitted me for a new jacket.
- To be appropriate to; suit: music that fits your mood.
- To be in conformity or agreement with: observations that fit the theory nicely.
- To make suitable; adapt: fitted the shelves for large books.
- To make ready; prepare: Specialized training fitted her for the job.
- To equip; outfit: fit out a ship.
- To provide a place or time for: You can’t fit any more toys in the box.
- To insert or adjust so as to be properly in place: fit a handle on a door.
- To be the proper size and shape.
- To be suited; belong: doesn’t fit in with these people.
- To be in harmony; agree: His good mood fit in with the joyful occasion.
- Suited, adapted, or acceptable for a given circumstance or purpose: not a fit time for flippancy.
- Appropriate; proper: Do as you see fit.
- Physically sound; healthy: keeps fit with diet and exercise.
- The state, quality, or way of being fitted: the proper fit of means to ends.
- The manner in which clothing fits: a jacket with a tight fit.
- To an extreme or elaborate degree: dressed up fit to kill.
- A seizure or a convulsion, especially one caused by epilepsy.
- The sudden appearance of a symptom such as coughing or sneezing.
- A sudden outburst of emotion: a fit of jealousy.
- A sudden period of vigorous activity.
- A section of a poem or ballad.
- adj - having good health
- verb - to bring to a required form and size
There are 3 letters in FIT: F I T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FIT
Click to search all anagrams of FIT plus a wildcard: FIT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FIT
Images for FIT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.