Scrabble word: LIFT
In which Scrabble dictionary does LIFT exist?
Definitions of LIFT in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of giving temporary assistance
- noun - the component of the aerodynamic forces acting on an airfoil that opposes gravity
- noun - the event of something being raised upward
- noun - a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground
- noun - a powered conveyance that carries skiers up a hill
- noun - a device worn in a shoe or boot to make the wearer look taller or to correct a shortened leg
- noun - one of the layers forming the heel of a shoe or boot
- noun - lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building
- noun - plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face
- noun - transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable)
- noun - a ride in a car
- noun - the act of raising something
- verb - raise from a lower to a higher position
- verb - take hold of something and move it to a different location
- verb - move upwards
- verb - move upward
- verb - make audible
- verb - cancel officially
- verb - make off with belongings of others
- verb - raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help
- verb - invigorate or heighten
- verb - raise in rank or condition
- verb - take off or away by decreasing
- verb - rise up
- verb - pay off (a mortgage)
- verb - take without referencing from someone else's writing or speech
- verb - take illegally
- verb - fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means
- verb - take (root crops) out of the ground
- verb - call to stop the hunt or to retire, as of hunting dogs
- verb - rise upward, as from pressure or moisture
- verb - put an end to
- verb - remove (hair) by scalping
- verb - remove from a seedbed or from a nursery
- verb - remove from a surface
- verb - perform cosmetic surgery on someone's face
- To direct or carry from a lower to a higher position; raise: lift one’s eyes; lifted the suitcase.
- To transport by air: The helicopter lifted the entire team to the meet.
- To revoke by taking back; rescind: lifted the embargo.
- To bring an end to (a blockade or siege) by removing forces.
- To cease (artillery fire) in an area.
- To raise in condition, rank, or esteem.
- To uplift; elate: Your telephone call really lifted my spirits.
- To remove (plants) from the ground for transplanting.
- To project or sound in loud, clear tones: lifted their voices in song.
- To steal; pilfer: A thief lifted my wallet.
- To copy from something already published; plagiarize: lifted whole paragraphs from the encyclopedia.
- To pay off or clear (a debt or mortgage, for example).
- To perform cosmetic surgery on (the face), especially in order to remove wrinkles or sagging skin.
- To hit (a golf ball) very high into the air.
- To pick up (a golf ball) to place it in a better lie.
- To rise; ascend.
- To yield to upward pressure: These windows lift easily.
- To disappear or disperse by or as if by rising: By afternoon the smog had lifted.
- To stop temporarily: The rain lifted by morning.
- To become elevated; soar: Their spirits lifted when help came.
- The act or process of rising or raising to a higher position.
- Power or force available for raising: the lift of a pump.
- An amount or a weight raised or capable of being raised at one time; a load.
- The extent or height to which something is raised or rises; the amount of elevation.
- The distance or space through which something is raised or rises.
- A rise or an elevation in the level of the ground.
- An elevation of the spirits: The good news gave us a lift.
- A raised, high, or erect position, as of a part of the body: the lift of his chin.
- A machine or device designed to pick up, raise, or carry something.
- One of the layers of leather, rubber, or other material making up the heel of a shoe.
- A passenger or cargo elevator.
- A ride in a vehicle given to help someone reach a destination: gave my friend a lift into town.
- Assistance or help: gave her a lift with her heavy packages.
- A set of pumps used in a mine.
- These verbs mean to move something from a lower to a higher level or position.
- adj - to move to a higher position [v -ED, -ING, -S] : LIFTABLE
There are 4 letters in LIFT: F I L T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LIFT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LIFT plus a wildcard: LIFT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LIFT
Images for LIFT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.