Scrabble word: SHIFT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHIFT exist?
Definitions of SHIFT in dictionaries:
- noun - an event in which something is displaced without rotation
- noun - a qualitative change
- noun - the time period during which you are at work
- noun - the act of changing one thing or position for another
- noun - the act of moving from one place to another
- noun - (geology) a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other
- noun - a crew of workers who work for a specific period of time
- noun - the key on the typewriter keyboard that shifts from lower-case letters to upper-case letters
- noun - a woman's sleeveless undergarment
- noun - a loose-fitting dress hanging straight from the shoulders without a waist
- verb - make a shift in or exchange of
- verb - change place or direction
- verb - move around
- verb - move very slightly
- verb - move from one setting or context to another
- verb - change in quality
- verb - move and exchange for another
- verb - move sideways or in an unsteady way
- verb - move abruptly
- verb - use a shift key on a keyboard
- verb - change phonetically as part of a systematic historical change
- verb - change gears
- verb - lay aside, abandon, or leave for another
- To exchange (one thing) for another of the same class: shifted assignments among the students.
- To move or transfer from one place or position to another.
- To alter (position or place).
- To change (gears), as in an automobile.
- To alter phonetically as part of a systematic historical change.
- To change position, direction, place, or form.
- To provide for one’s own needs; get along: “See me safe up: for my coming down, I can shift for myself” (Thomas More).
- To get along by tricky or evasive means.
- To change gears, as when driving an automobile.
- To be altered as part of a systematic historical change.
- To select uppercase characters by depressing a key on a typewriter or computer keyboard.
- A change from one person or configuration to another; a substitution.
- A group of workers that relieve another on a regular schedule.
- The working period of such a group: worked the night shift.
- A means to an end; an expedient.
- A stratagem; a trick.
- A change in direction: a shift in the wind.
- A change in attitude, judgment, or emphasis.
- A change of the position of the hand in playing the violin or a similar instrument.
- A rearrangement of players from one formation to another just prior to the snap of the ball.
- A rearrangement of one or more fielders for improved defense against a particular hitter.
- Movement of characters in a register to the left or right.
- A change in wavelength, causing a movement of a spectral band or line.
- A systematic change of the phonetic or phonemic structure of a language.
- Functional shift.
- A loosely fitting dress that hangs straight from the shoulder; a chemise.
- A woman’s undergarment; a slip or chemise.
- verb - to move from one position to another
There are 5 letters in SHIFT: F H I S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHIFT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHIFT plus a wildcard: SHIFT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHIFT
Images for SHIFT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.