Scrabble word: FISH
In which Scrabble dictionary does FISH exist?
Definitions of FISH in dictionaries:
- noun - any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills
- noun - the flesh of fish used as food
- noun - (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Pisces
- noun - the twelfth sign of the zodiac
- verb - seek indirectly
- verb - catch or try to catch fish or shellfish
- Any of the class Osteichthyes, having a bony skeleton.
- Any of the class Chondrichthyes, having a cartilaginous skeleton and including the sharks, rays, and skates.
- The flesh of such animals used as food.
- Any of various primitive aquatic vertebrates of the class Cyclostomata, lacking jaws and including the lampreys and hagfishes.
- Any of various unrelated aquatic animals, such as a jellyfish, cuttlefish, or crayfish.
- Often used to modify another noun: fish parts; fish gaffs.
- To catch or try to catch fish.
- To look for something by feeling one’s way; grope: fished in both pockets for a coin.
- To seek something in a sly or indirect way: fish for compliments.
- To catch or try to catch (fish).
- To catch or try to catch fish in: fish mountain streams.
- To proceed with an activity or abandon it altogether.
- verb - to catch or try to catch fish (cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates)