Scrabble word: FOIST
In which Scrabble dictionary does FOIST exist?
Definitions of FOIST in dictionaries:
- verb - to force onto another
- verb - insert surreptitiously or without warrant
- To pass off as genuine, valuable, or worthy: “I can usually tell whether a poet... is foisting off on us what he’d like to think is pure invention” (J.
- To impose (something or someone unwanted) upon another by coercion or trickery: They had extra work foisted on them because they couldn’t say no to the boss.
- To insert fraudulently or deceitfully: foisted unfair provisions into the contract.
- verb - to force upon slyly