Scrabble word: OF
In which Scrabble dictionary does OF exist?
Definitions of OF in dictionaries:
- Derived or coming from; originating at or from: men of the north.
- Caused by; resulting from: a death of tuberculosis.
- Away from; at a distance from: a mile east of here.
- So as to be separated or relieved from: robbed of one’s dignity; cured of distemper.
- From the total or group comprising: give of one’s time; two of her friends; most of the cases.
- Composed or made from: a dress of silk.
- Associated with or adhering to: a man of your religion.
- Belonging or connected to: the rungs of a ladder.
- Possessing; having: a person of honor.
- On one’s part: very nice of you.
- Containing or carrying: a basket of groceries.
- Specified as; named or called: a depth of ten feet; the Garden of Eden.
- Centering on; directed toward: a love of horses.
- Produced by; issuing from: products of the vine.
- Characterized or identified by: a year of famine.
- With reference to; about: think highly of her proposals; will speak of it later.
- In respect to: slow of speech.
- Set aside for; taken up by: a day of rest.
- Before; until: five minutes of two.
- During or on a specified time: of recent years.
- By: beloved of the family.
- Used to indicate an appositive: that idiot of a driver.
- Grammarians have sometimes condemned categorically the socalled double genitive construction, as in a friend of my father’s; a book of mine.
- prep - coming from