Scrabble word: FOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does FOR exist?
Definitions of FOR in dictionaries:
- Used to indicate the object, aim, or purpose of an action or activity: trained for the ministry; put the house up for sale; plans to run for senator.
- Used to indicate a destination: headed off for town.
- Used to indicate the object of a desire, an intention, or a perception: had a nose for news; eager for fame and fortune.
- Used to indicate the recipient or beneficiary of an action: prepared lunch for us.
- On behalf of: spoke for all the members.
- In place of: a substitute for eggs.
- Used to indicate equivalence or equality: paid ten dollars for a ticket; repeated the conversation word for word.
- Used to indicate correlation or correspondence: took two steps back for every step forward.
- Used to indicate amount, extent, or duration: a bill for five dollars; walked for miles; stood in line for several minutes.
- Used to indicate a specific time: had an appointment for two o’clock.
- As being: take for granted; mistook me for the librarian.
- Used to indicate an actual or implied listing or choosing: For one thing, we can’t afford it.
- As a result of; because of: jumped for joy.
- Used to indicate appropriateness or suitability: It will be for the judge to decide.
- Notwithstanding; despite: For all the problems, it was a valuable experience.
- As regards; concerning: a stickler for neatness.
- Considering the nature or usual character of: was spry for his advanced age.
- Because; since.
- prep - directed or sent to
There are 3 letters in FOR: F O R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FOR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FOR plus a wildcard: FOR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FOR
Images for FOR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.