Scrabble word: FORK
In which Scrabble dictionary does FORK exist?
Definitions of FORK in dictionaries:
- noun - cutlery used for serving and eating food
- noun - the act of branching out or dividing into branches
- noun - the region of the angle formed by the junction of two branches
- noun - an agricultural tool used for lifting or digging
- noun - the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk
- verb - lift with a pitchfork
- verb - place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces
- verb - divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork
- verb - shape like a fork
- A utensil with two or more prongs, used for eating or serving food.
- An implement with two or more prongs used for raising, carrying, piercing, or digging.
- A bifurcation or separation into two or more branches or parts.
- The point at which such a bifurcation or separation occurs: a fork in a road.
- One of the branches of such a bifurcation or separation: the right fork.
- An attack by one chess piece on two pieces at the same time.
- To raise, carry, pitch, or pierce with a fork.
- To give the shape of a fork to (one’s fingers, for example).
- To launch an attack on (two chess pieces).
- To pay: forked over $50 for front-row seats; forked up the money owed.
- To divide into two or more branches: The river forks here.
- To use a fork, as in working.
- To turn at or travel along a fork.
- adv - to work with a fork (a pronged implement) [v -ED, -ING, -S] : FORKEDLY