Scrabble word: OFF
In which Scrabble dictionary does OFF exist?
Definitions of OFF in dictionaries:
- verb - kill intentionally and with premeditation
- adj - not in operation or operational
- adj - below a satisfactory level
- adj - (of events) no longer planned or scheduled
- adj - in an unpalatable state
- adj - not performing or scheduled for duties
- adv - from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete)
- adv - at a distance in space or time
- adv - no longer on or in contact or attached
- From a place or position: drove off.
- At a certain distance in space or time: a mile off; a week off.
- From a given course or route; aside: swerved off into a ditch.
- Into a state of unconsciousness: I must have dozed off.
- So as to be no longer on, attached, or connected: shaved off his mustache.
- So as to be divided: marked off the playing field by yards.
- So as to be no longer continuing, operating, or functioning: switched off the radio.
- So as to be completely removed, finished, or eliminated: kill off the mice.
- So as to be smaller, fewer, or less: Sales dropped off.
- So as to be away from work or duty: They took a day off.
- Distant or removed; farther: the off side of the barn.
- Remote; slim: stopped by on the off chance that they’re home.
- Not on, attached, or connected: with his shoes off.
- Not operating or operational: The oven is off.
- No longer taking place; canceled: The wedding is off.
- Slack: Production was off this year.
- Not up to standard; below a normal or satisfactory level: Your pitching is off today.
- Not accurate; incorrect: Your statistical results are off.
- Somewhat crazy; eccentric: I think that person is a little off.
- Started on the way; going: I’m off to see the president.
- Absent or away from work or duty: He’s off every Tuesday.
- Spent away from work or duty: My off day is Saturday.
- Being on the right side of an animal or a vehicle.
- Being the animal or vehicle on the right.
- Farthest from the shore; seaward.
- Toward or designating the side of the field facing the batsman in cricket.
- So as to be removed or distant from: The bird hopped off the branch.
- Away or relieved from: off duty.
- By consuming: living off locusts and honey.
- With the means provided by: living off my pension.
- From: “What else do you want off me?” (Jimmy Breslin).
- Extending or branching out from: an artery off the heart.
- Not up to the usual standard of: off his game.
- So as to abstain from: went off narcotics.
- To seaward of: a mile off Sandy Hook.
- verb - to go away
There are 3 letters in OFF: F F O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to OFF
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word OFF plus a wildcard: OFF?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word OFF
Images for OFF
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.