Scrabble word: SUIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUIT exist?
Definitions of SUIT in dictionaries:
- noun - a set of garments (usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt) for outerwear all of the same fabric and color
- noun - a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy
- noun - (slang) a businessman dressed in a business suit
- noun - a man's courting of a woman
- noun - a petition or appeal made to a person of superior status or rank
- noun - playing card in any of four sets of 13 cards in a pack
- verb - be agreeable or acceptable to
- verb - be agreeable or acceptable
- verb - accord or comport with
- verb - enhance the appearance of
- A set of matching outer garments, especially one consisting of a coat with trousers or a skirt.
- A costume for a special activity: a diving suit; a running suit.
- A group of things used together; a set or collection: a suit of sails; a suit of tools.
- Any of the four sets of 13 playing cards (clubs, diamonds, hearts, and spades) in a standard deck, the members of which bear the same marks.
- Attendance required of a vassal at his feudal lord’s court or manor.
- A court proceeding to recover a right or claim.
- The act or an instance of courting a woman; courtship: She was inclined to accept his suit.
- To meet the requirements of; fit: This candidate does not suit our qualifications.
- To make appropriate or suitable; adapt: builders who suit the house to the owner’s specifications.
- To be appropriate for; befit: a color that suits you.
- To please; satisfy: a choice that suits us all.
- To provide with clothing; dress: The NCOs suited the recruits in green uniforms.
- To be suitable or acceptable.
- To be in accord; agree or match.
- verb - to be appropriate to