Scrabble word: SORT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SORT exist?
Definitions of SORT in dictionaries:
- noun - a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
- noun - an approximate definition or example
- noun - a person of a particular character or nature
- noun - an operation that segregates items into groups according to a specified criterion
- verb - examine in order to test suitability
- verb - arrange or order by classes or categories
- A group of persons or things of the same general character; a kind.
- One that typifies a group or exemplifies a characteristic: The clerk is a decent sort.
- One of the characters in a font of type.
- To arrange according to class, kind, or size; classify.
- To separate from others: sort out the wheat from the chaff.
- To clarify by going over mentally: She tried to sort out her problems.
- Of a mediocre or inferior kind: a constitutional government of a sort.
- Of one kind or another: knew many folktales of sorts.
- Slightly ill.
- Somewhat; rather: “Gambling and prostitution... have been prohibited, but only sort of” (George F.
- adv - to arrange according to kind, class, or size [v -ED, -ING, -S] : SORTABLE [adj], SORTABLY