Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: SHORT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHORT exist?
Definitions of SHORT in dictionaries:
- noun - the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- noun - accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference
- noun - the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between second and third base
- verb - cheat someone by not returning him enough money
- verb - create a short circuit in
- adj - primarily temporal sense
- adj - (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length
- adj - low in stature
- adj - not sufficient to meet a need
- adj - (of memory) deficient in retentiveness or range
- adj - not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices
- adj - of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration
- adj - less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so
- adj - lacking foresight or scope
- adj - tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening
- adj - marked by rude or peremptory shortness
- adv - quickly and without warning
- adv - without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold
- adv - clean across
- adv - at some point or distance before a goal is reached
- adv - so as to interrupt
- adv - at a disadvantage
- adv - in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner
- Having little length; not long.
- Having little height; not tall.
- Extending not far or not far enough: a short toss.
- Lasting a brief time: a short holiday.
- Appearing to pass quickly: finished the job in a few short months.
- Not lengthy; succinct: short and to the point.
- Rudely brief; abrupt.
- Easily provoked; irascible.
- Inadequate; insufficient: oil in short supply; were short on experience.
- Lacking in length or amount: a board that is short two inches.
- Lacking in breadth or scope: a short view of the problem.
- Deficient in retentiveness: a short memory.
- Not owning the stocks or commodities one is selling in anticipation of a fall in prices.
- Of or relating to a short sale.
- Containing a large amount of shortening; flaky: a short pie crust.
- Not ductile; brittle: short iron.
- Of, relating to, or being a speech sound of relatively brief duration, as the first vowel sound in the Latin word m4lus, “evil,” as compared with the same or a similar sound of relatively long duration, as the first vowel sound in the Latin word m7lus, “apple tree.
- Of, relating to, or being a pronunciation of vowel sounds, as the pronunciation (4) in pat, (H) in pet, (V) in pit, (m) in pot, () in putt, and (t) in put.
- Historically descended from a vowel of brief duration.
- Unstressed; unaccented.
- Being of relatively brief duration.
- Abruptly; quickly: stop short.
- In a rude or curt manner.
- At a point before a given limit or goal: a missile that landed short of the target.
- At a disadvantage: We were caught short by the sudden storm.
- Without owning what one is selling: selling a commodity short.
- A briefly articulated speech sound or syllable.
- A brief film; a short subject.
- A size of clothing less long than the average for that size.
- A short sale.
- One that sells short.
- A short circuit.
- A malfunction caused by a short circuit.
- A shortstop.
- To cause a short circuit in.
- To give (one) less than one is entitled to; shortchange.
- To sell (a stock that one does not own) in anticipation of making a profit when its price falls; make a short sale.
- To short-circuit.
- Having an inadequate supply of: We’re short of cash.
- Less than: Nothing short of her best effort was required to make the team.
- Other than; without resorting to: Short of yelling at him, I had no other way to catch his attention.
- Not quite willing to undertake or do; just this side of: She stopped short of throwing out the old photo.
- adj - having little length
- v - to cause a type of electrical malfunction in
There are 5 letters in SHORT: H O R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHORT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHORT plus a wildcard: SHORT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHORT
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SHORT
- shortshorts can look great on the right body but please dont go ...
- How to dress up short hair for a holiday party
- short Hairstyles Photos of short Hairstyles
- pictures of photos - short hair cuts and styles ]-
- 2013 Women Classic Pixie Haircuts - Love Hairstyle
- 2012 cool pixie hairstyle from Lauren Holly - Hairstyle Again
- New short Hairstyles 2012
- Elisha Cuthbert Hairstyles - Haircuts And Hairstyles
- are many reasons to consider why choosing a short hair style . short ...
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.