Scrabble word: STORY
In which Scrabble dictionary does STORY exist?
Definitions of STORY in dictionaries:
- noun - a message that tells the particulars of an act or occurrence or course of events
- noun - a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events
- noun - a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale
- noun - a record or narrative description of past events
- noun - a short account of the news
- noun - a trivial lie
- An account or a recital of an event or a series of events, either true or fictitious.
- A usually fictional prose or verse narrative intended to interest or amuse the hearer or reader; a tale.
- A short story.
- An incident, experience, or subject that furnishes or would be interesting material for a narrative: “He was colorful, he was charismatic, he was controversial, he was a good story” (Terry Ann Knopf).
- The plot of a narrative or dramatic work.
- A report, a statement, or an allegation of facts.
- A news article or broadcast.
- The event, situation, or other material for such an article or broadcast.
- An anecdote.
- A lie.
- Romantic legend or tradition.
- To decorate with scenes representing historical or legendary events.
- To tell as a story.
- A complete horizontal division of a building, constituting the area between two adjacent levels.
- The set of rooms on the same level of a building.
- verb - to relate as a story (an account of an event or series of events)