Scrabble word: TRY
In which Scrabble dictionary does TRY exist?
Definitions of TRY in dictionaries:
- noun - earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something
- verb - make an effort or attempt
- verb - put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
- verb - put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of
- verb - take a sample of
- verb - examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process
- verb - give pain or trouble to
- verb - test the limits of
- verb - melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities
- verb - put on a garment in order to see whether it fits and looks nice
- To make an effort to do or accomplish (something); attempt: tried to ski.
- To taste, sample, or otherwise test in order to determine strength, effect, worth, or desirability: Try this casserole.
- To examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process.
- To put (an accused person) on trial.
- To subject to great strain or hardship; tax: The last steep ascent tried my every muscle.
- To melt (lard, for example) to separate out impurities; render.
- To make an effort; strive.
- To don (a garment) to test its fit.
- To test or use experimentally.
- To undergo a competitive qualifying test, as for a job or athletic team.
- The phrase try and is commonly used as a substitute for try to, as in Could you try and make less noise? A number of grammarians have labeled the construction incorrect.
- verb - to make an effort to do or accomplish