Scrabble word: NOTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does NOTE exist?
Definitions of NOTE in dictionaries:
- noun - a brief written record
- noun - a short personal letter
- noun - a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound
- noun - a tone of voice that shows what the speaker is feeling
- noun - a characteristic emotional quality
- noun - a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank)
- noun - a comment or instruction (usually added)
- noun - high status importance owing to marked superiority
- noun - a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time
- verb - make mention of
- verb - notice or perceive
- verb - observe with care or pay close attention to
- verb - make a written note of
- A brief record, especially one written down to aid the memory: took notes during the lecture.
- A brief informal letter.
- A formal written diplomatic or official communication.
- A comment or an explanation, as on a passage in a text.
- A piece of paper currency.
- A certificate issued by a government or a bank and sometimes negotiable as money.
- A promissory note.
- A tone of definite pitch.
- A symbol for such a tone, indicating pitch by its position on the staff and duration by its shape.
- A key of an instrument, such as a piano.
- The characteristic vocal sound made by a songbird or other animal: the clear note of a cardinal.
- Importance; consequence: Nothing of note happened.
- Notice; observation: quietly took note of the scene.
- A song, melody, or tune.
- To observe carefully; notice.
- To make a note of; write down: noted the time of each arrival.
- To show; indicate: a reporter who is careful to note sources of information.
- To make mention of; remark: noted the lateness of their arrival.
- verb - to write down