Scrabble word: TENOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does TENOR exist?
Definitions of TENOR in dictionaries:
- noun - the adult male singing voice above baritone
- noun - the pitch range of the highest male voice
- noun - an adult male with a tenor voice
- noun - a settled or prevailing or habitual course of a person's life
- noun - the general meaning or substance of an utterance
- adj - (of a musical instrument) intermediate between alto and baritone or bass
- adj - of or close in range to the highest natural adult male voice
- A continuous, unwavering course.
- The word, phrase, or subject with which the vehicle of a metaphor is identified, as life in “Life’s but a walking shadow” (Shakespeare).
- The course of thought or argument running through something written or spoken.
- General sense; purport.
- The exact meaning or actual wording of a document as distinct from its effect.
- An exact copy of a document.
- The highest natural adult male voice.
- A part for this voice.
- Often used to modify another noun: a tenor solo; a tenor part.
- noun - a high male singing voice