Scrabble word: RENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does RENT exist?
Definitions of RENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a payment or series of payments made by the lessee to an owner for use of some property, facility, equipment, or service
- noun - an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
- noun - the return derived from cultivated land in excess of that derived from the poorest land cultivated under similar conditions
- noun - the act of rending or ripping or splitting something
- verb - let for money
- verb - grant use or occupation of under a term of contract
- verb - engage for service under a term of contract
- verb - hold under a lease or rental agreement
- Payment, usually of an amount fixed by contract, made by a tenant at specified intervals in return for the right to occupy or use the property of another.
- A similar payment made for the use of a facility, equipment, or service provided by another.
- The return derived from cultivated or improved land after deduction of all production costs.
- The revenue yielded by a piece of land in excess of that yielded by the poorest or least favorably located land under equal market conditions.
- To obtain occupancy or use of (another’s property) in return for regular payments.
- To be for rent: The cottage rents for $200 a month.
- An opening made by rending; a rip.
- A breach of relations between persons or groups; a rift.
- adj - to obtain temporary use of in return for compensation [v -ED, -ING, -S] : RENTABLE