Scrabble word: NIP
In which Scrabble dictionary does NIP exist?
Definitions of NIP in dictionaries:
- noun - a small drink of liquor
- noun - (offensive slang) offensive term for a person of Japanese descent
- noun - the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
- noun - the property of being moderately cold
- noun - a tart spicy quality
- noun - a small sharp bite or snip
- verb - squeeze tightly between the fingers
- verb - give a small sharp bite to
- verb - sever or remove by pinching or snipping
- To seize and pinch or bite: The fish nipped the wader’s toe.
- To remove or sever by pinching or snipping: nipped off the plant leaf.
- To bite or sting with the cold; chill.
- To snatch up hastily.
- To move quickly; dart.
- The act or an instance of seizing or pinching.
- A pinch or snip that cuts off or removes a small part: He gave a small nip to each corner of the cloth.
- The small bit or portion so removed: There were nips of construction paper all over the child’s table.
- A sharp, stinging quality, as of frosty air.
- Severely sharp cold or frost.
- A cutting remark.
- A sharp, biting flavor; a tang: the nip of Mexican salsa.
- To take a sip or sips of alcoholic liquor: nips all day long.
- verb - to squeeze between two edges or surfaces