Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: PLACE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLACE exist?
Definitions of PLACE in dictionaries:
- noun - a point located with respect to surface features of some region
- noun - any area set aside for a particular purpose
- noun - an abstract mental location
- noun - a general vicinity
- noun - the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another
- noun - a particular situation
- noun - where you live at a particular time
- noun - a job in an organization
- noun - the particular portion of space occupied by something
- noun - proper or designated social situation
- noun - a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane)
- noun - the passage that is being read
- noun - proper or appropriate position or location
- noun - a public square with room for pedestrians
- noun - an item on a list or in a sequence
- noun - a blank area
- verb - put into a certain place or abstract location
- verb - place somebody in a particular situation or location
- verb - assign a rank or rating to
- verb - assign a location to
- verb - to arrange for
- verb - take a place in a competition
- verb - intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
- verb - recognize as being
- verb - assign to (a job or a home)
- verb - locate
- verb - estimate
- verb - identify the location or place of
- verb - make an investment
- verb - assign to a station
- verb - finish second or better in a horse or dog race
- verb - sing a note with the correct pitch
- An area with definite or indefinite boundaries; a portion of space.
- Room or space, especially adequate space: There is place for everyone at the back of the room.
- The particular portion of space occupied by or allocated to a person or thing.
- A building or an area set aside for a specified purpose: a place of worship.
- A dwelling; a house: bought a place on the lake.
- A business establishment or office.
- A locality, such as a town or a city: visited many places.
- Often Place.
- A public square or street with houses in a town.
- A space in which one person, such as a passenger or a spectator, can sit or stand.
- A setting for one person at a table.
- A position regarded as belonging to someone or something else; stead: She was chosen in his place.
- A particular point that one has reached, as in a book: I have lost my place.
- A particular spot, as on the body: the place that hurts.
- The proper or designated role or function: the place of the media in a free society.
- The proper or customary position or order: These books are out of place.
- A suitable setting or occasion: not the place to argue.
- The appropriate right or duty: not her place to criticize.
- Social station: He overstepped his place.
- A particular situation or circumstance: Put yourself in my place.
- High rank or status.
- A job, post, or position: found a place in the company.
- Relative position in a series; standing.
- Second position for betting purposes, as in a horserace.
- The specified stage in a list of points to be made, as in an argument: in the first place.
- The position of a figure in a numeral or series.
- To put in or as if in a particular place or position; set.
- To put in a specified relation or order: Place the words in alphabetical order.
- To offer for consideration: placed the matter before the board.
- To find accommodation or employment for.
- To put into a particular condition: placed him under arrest.
- To arrange for the publication or display of: place an advertisement in the newspaper.
- To appoint to a post: placed her in a key position.
- To rank in an order or a sequence: I’d place him second best.
- To estimate: placed the distance at 100 feet.
- To identify or classify in a particular context: could not place that person’s face.
- To give an order for: place a bet.
- To apply or arrange for: place an order.
- To arrive among the first three finishers in a race, especially to finish second.
- In the appropriate or usual position or order: With everything in place, she started the slide show.
- In the same spot; without moving forwards or backwards: While marching in place, the band played a popular tune.
- verb - to set in a particular position
There are 5 letters in PLACE: A C E L P
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PLACE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PLACE plus a wildcard: PLACE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PLACE
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for PLACE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.