Scrabble word: PLEA
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLEA exist?
Definitions of PLEA in dictionaries:
- noun - a humble request for help from someone in authority
- noun - (law) a defendant's answer by a factual matter (as distinguished from a demurrer)
- noun - an answer indicating why a suit should be dismissed
- An earnest request; an appeal: spoke out in a plea for greater tolerance.
- An excuse; a pretext: “necessity,/The Tyrant’s plea” (John Milton).
- An allegation offered in pleading a case.
- A defendant’s answer to the declaration made by the plaintiff in a civil action.
- The answer of the accused to a criminal charge or indictment: entered a plea of not guilty.
- A special answer depending on or demonstrating one or more reasons why a suit should be delayed, dismissed, or barred in equity law.
- An action or a suit.
- noun - an earnest request