Scrabble word: PLATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLATE exist?
Definitions of PLATE in dictionaries:
- noun - (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands
- noun - a sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic
- noun - a full-page illustration (usually on slick paper)
- noun - dish on which food is served or from which food is eaten
- noun - the quantity contained in a plate
- noun - a rigid layer of the Earth's crust that is believed to drift slowly
- noun - the thin under portion of the forequarter
- noun - a main course served on a plate
- noun - any flat platelike body structure or part
- noun - the positively charged electrode in a vacuum tube
- noun - a flat sheet of metal or glass on which a photographic image can be recorded
- noun - structural member consisting of a horizontal beam that provides bearing and anchorage
- noun - a shallow receptacle for collection in church
- noun - a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- noun - a dental appliance that artificially replaces missing teeth
- verb - coat with a layer of metal
- A smooth, flat, relatively thin, rigid body of uniform thickness.
- A sheet of hammered, rolled, or cast metal.
- A very thin applied or deposited coat of metal.
- A flat piece of metal forming part of a machine: a boiler plate.
- A flat piece of metal on which something is engraved.
- A thin piece of metal used for armor.
- Armor made of such pieces.
- A sheet of metal, plastic, rubber, paperboard, or other material prepared for use as a printing surface, such as an electrotype or a stereotype.
- A print of a woodcut, lithograph, or other engraved material, especially when reproduced in a book.
- A full-page book illustration, often in color and printed on paper different from that used on the text pages.
- A light-sensitive sheet of glass or metal on which a photographic image can be recorded.
- A thin metallic or plastic support fitted to the gums to anchor artificial teeth.
- In wood-frame construction, a horizontal member, capping the exterior wall studs, upon which the roof rafters rest.
- Home plate.
- A shallow dish in which food is served or from which it is eaten.
- The contents of such a dish: ate a plate of spaghetti.
- A whole course served on such a dish.
- Service and food for one person at a meal: dinner at a set price per plate.
- Household articles, such as hollowware, covered with a precious metal, such as silver or gold.
- A dish passed among the members of a group or congregation for the collection of offerings.
- A dish, cup, or other article of silver or gold offered as a prize.
- A contest, especially a horserace, offering such a prize.
- A thin cut of beef from the brisket.
- Anatomy & Zoology.
- A thin, flat layer or scale, as that of a fish.
- A platelike part, organ, or structure, such as that covering some reptiles.
- An electrode, as in a storage battery or capacitor.
- The anode in an electron tube.
- In the theory of plate tectonics, one of the sections into which the earth’s crust is divided and that is in constant motion relative to other plates, which are also in motion.
- To coat or cover with a thin layer of metal.
- To cover with armor plate: plate a warship.
- To make a stereotype or electrotype from.
- To give a glossy finish to (paper) by pressing between metal sheets or rollers.
- verb - to coat with a thin layer of metal
There are 5 letters in PLATE: A E L P T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PLATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PLATE plus a wildcard: PLATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PLATE
Images for PLATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.