Scrabble word: PAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PAT exist?
Definitions of PAT in dictionaries:
- noun - the sound made by a gentle blow
- noun - a light touch or stroke
- verb - pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin
- verb - hit lightly
- adj - having only superficial plausibility
- adj - exactly suited to the occasion
- adv - completely or perfectly
- To tap gently with the open hand or with something flat.
- To stroke lightly as a gesture of affection.
- To mold by tapping gently with the hands or a flat implement.
- To run or walk with a tapping sound.
- To hit something or against something gently or lightly.
- A light, gentle stroke or tap.
- The sound made by a light stroke or tap or by light footsteps.
- A small mass shaped by or as if by patting: a pat of butter.
- Trite or glib; superficially complete or satisfactory: A pat answer is not going to satisfy an inquisitive audience.
- Timely or opportune.
- Suitable; fitting.
- Being a poker hand that is strong enough to make drawing cards unlikely to improve it.
- verb - to touch lightly