Scrabble word: PANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PANT exist?
Definitions of PANT in dictionaries:
- noun - the noise made by a short puff of steam (as from an engine)
- noun - (usually in the plural) a garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately
- noun - a short labored intake of breath with the mouth open
- verb - breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted
- verb - utter while panting, as if out of breath
- To breathe rapidly in short gasps, as after exertion.
- To beat loudly or heavily; throb or pulsate.
- To give off loud puffs, especially while moving.
- To utter hurriedly or breathlessly: I panted my congratulations to the winner of the race.
- A short, labored breath; a gasp.
- A throb; a pulsation.
- A short, loud puff, as of steam from an engine.
- In an embarrassing position.
- verb - to breathe quickly and with difficulty