Scrabble word: PAN
In which Scrabble dictionary does PAN exist?
Definitions of PAN in dictionaries:
- noun - cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel
- noun - (Greek mythology) god of fields and woods and shepherds and flocks
- noun - shallow container made of metal
- noun - chimpanzees
- verb - make a sweeping movement
- verb - wash dirt in a pan to separate out the precious minerals
- verb - express a totally negative opinion of
- A shallow, wide, open container, usually of metal and without a lid, used for holding liquids, cooking, and other domestic purposes.
- An open, metal dish used to separate gold or other metal from gravel or waste by washing.
- Either of the receptacles on a balance or pair of scales.
- A vessel used for boiling and evaporating liquids.
- A basin or depression in the earth, often containing mud or water.
- A natural or artificial basin used to obtain salt by evaporating brine.
- A freely floating piece of ice that has broken off a larger floe.
- The small cavity in the lock of a flintlock used to hold powder.
- The face.
- Severe criticism, especially a negative review: gave the film a pan.
- To wash (gravel, for example) in a pan for gold or other precious metal.
- To cook (food) in a pan: panned the fish right after catching it.
- To criticize or review harshly.
- To wash gravel, sand, or other sediment in a pan.
- December 14, 1972).
- A leaf of the betel vine.
- A chewing preparation of this leaf with betel nuts, spices, and lime, used in the Far East.
- To move a movie or television camera to follow an object or create a panoramic effect.
- verb - to criticize harshly