Scrabble word: PAWN
In which Scrabble dictionary does PAWN exist?
Definitions of PAWN in dictionaries:
- noun - an article deposited as security
- noun - a person used by another to gain an end
- noun - (chess) the least powerful piece
- noun - borrowing and leaving an article as security for repayment of the loan
- verb - leave as a guarantee in return for money
- Something given as security for a loan; a pledge or guaranty.
- The condition of being held as a pledge against the payment of a loan: jewels in pawn.
- A person serving as security; a hostage.
- The act of pawning.
- To give or deposit (personal property) as security for the payment of money borrowed.
- To risk; hazard: pawn one’s honor.
- P Games.
- A person or an entity used to further the purposes of another: an underdeveloped nation that was a pawn in international politics.
- adj - to give as security for something borrowed [v -ED, -ING, -S] : PAWNABLE