Scrabble word: SNAP
In which Scrabble dictionary does SNAP exist?
Definitions of SNAP in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of catching an object with the hands
- noun - a spell of cold weather
- noun - tender green beans without strings that easily snap into sections
- noun - a crisp round cookie flavored with ginger
- noun - the noise produced by the rapid movement of a finger from the tip to the base of the thumb on the same hand
- noun - a sudden sharp noise
- noun - a sudden breaking
- noun - the tendency of a body to return to its original shape after it has been stretched or compressed
- noun - an informal photograph
- noun - a fastener used on clothing
- noun - any undertaking that is easy to do
- noun - the act of snapping the fingers
- noun - (American football) putting the ball in play by passing it (between the legs) to a back
- verb - utter in an angry, sharp, or abrupt tone
- verb - separate or cause to separate abruptly
- verb - break suddenly and abruptly, as under tension
- verb - move or strike with a noise
- verb - close with a snapping motion
- verb - make a sharp sound
- verb - move with a snapping sound
- verb - to grasp hastily or eagerly
- verb - put in play with a snap
- verb - cause to make a snapping sound
- verb - lose control of one's emotions
- verb - bring the jaws together
- verb - record on photographic film
- To make a brisk, sharp cracking sound: “Logs snapped in the grate” (James Fox).
- To break suddenly with a brisk, sharp, cracking sound.
- To give way abruptly under pressure or tension: With so many people crowding onto the platform, its supports snapped.
- To suffer a physical or mental breakdown, especially while under stress: feared that the troops would snap from constant fatigue.
- To bring the jaws briskly together, often with a clicking sound; bite.
- To snatch or grasp suddenly and with eagerness: snap at a chance to go to China.
- To speak abruptly or sharply: snapped at the child.
- To move swiftly and smartly: snap to attention.
- To flash or appear to flash light; sparkle: eyes that snapped with anger.
- To open, close, or fit together with a click: The lock snapped shut.
- To snatch at with or as if with the teeth; bite.
- To pull apart or break with a snapping sound.
- To utter abruptly or sharply: The sergeant snapped out a command.
- To cause to emit a snapping sound: snap a whip.
- To close or latch with a snapping sound: snapped the purse shut.
- To cause to move abruptly and smartly: “His head was snapped back by a sudden scream from the bed” (James Michener).
- To take (a photograph).
- To photograph: snapped the governor as she was getting into her car.
- To center (a football); hike.
- A sudden, sharp cracking sound or the action producing such a sound.
- A sudden breaking.
- A clasp, catch, or other fastening device that operates with a snapping sound.
- A sudden attempt to bite, snatch, or grasp.
- The sound produced by rapid movement of a finger from the thumb tip to the base of the thumb.
- The act of producing this sound.
- The sudden release of something held under pressure or tension.
- A thin, crisp, usually circular cookie: a ginger snap.
- Capacity to make a snapping sound; elasticity: This waistband has lost its snap.
- Briskness, liveliness, or energy.
- A brief spell of brisk, cold weather.
- Something accomplished without effort.
- A snapshot.
- The taking of a snapshot.
- A snap bean.
- The passing of a football from the center to a back that initiates each play.
- Made or done suddenly, with little or no preparation: a snap decision.
- Fastening with a snap: snap pockets.
- Simple; easy: a snap assignment.
- verb - to make a sharp cracking sound
There are 4 letters in SNAP: A N P S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SNAP
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SNAP plus a wildcard: SNAP?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SNAP
Images for SNAP
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.