Scrabble word: PAST
In which Scrabble dictionary does PAST exist?
Definitions of PAST in dictionaries:
- noun - the time that has elapsed
- noun - a earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret)
- noun - a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
- adj - earlier than the present time
- adj - of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office
- adv - so as to pass a given point
- No longer current; gone by; over: His youth is past.
- Having existed or occurred in an earlier time; bygone: past events; in years past.
- Earlier than the present time; ago: 40 years past.
- Just gone by or elapsed: in the past few days.
- Having served formerly in a given capacity, especially an official one: a past president; a past inmate of a cell.
- Of, relating to, or being a verb tense or form used to express an action or a condition prior to the time it is expressed.
- The time before the present.
- Previous background, career, experiences, and activities: an elderly person with a distinguished past.
- A former period of someone’s life kept secret or thought to be shameful: a family with a checkered past.
- The past tense.
- So as to pass by or go beyond: He waved as he walked past.
- Beyond in time; later than or after: past midnight; a quarter past two.
- Beyond in position; farther than: The house is about a mile past the first stoplight.
- Beyond the power, scope, extent, or influence of: The problem is past the point of resolution.
- Beyond in development or appropriateness: The child is past drinking from a bottle.
- See Usage Note at pass.
- noun - time gone by