Scrabble word: SPATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPATE exist?
Definitions of SPATE in dictionaries:
- noun - (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- noun - a sudden forceful flow
- noun - the occurrence of a water flow resulting from sudden rain or melting snow
- A sudden flood, rush, or outpouring: “It issues a spate of words from the loudspeakers and the politicians” (Virginia Woolf).
- Chiefly British.
- A flash flood.
- A freshet resulting from a downpour of rain or melting of snow.
- A sudden heavy fall of rain.
- noun - a sudden overflow of a stream